Imri took a bottle from me and from John yesterday - I had gone out and purchased #2 @vent nipples in the hopes that it would work better than what we had ... and it did. Much rejoicing resounded throughout the land.
Today I confidently attempted a repeat. All he'll do is gum it. John is trying right now with the same results. *sigh*. I really don't know what to do. And I just bought a good-sized lot of @vent bottles and nipples off of Ebay. Ah well.
Imri's been hanging off my tits today. Seriously, the kid hasn't stopped and oh boy, are my nipples sore. I'm guessing 3 month growth spurt. Which would explain his needing to eat frequently through the night lately after a brief (and much enjoyed) jaunt of 4-5 hours of sleep at once. Oh well.
I hardly slept last night as I lay in bed, looking at my sleeping son (and husband) between 1 and 4 am. Sleep finally came around 5, when John rose but by then it was too late - time to rise and shine with early-riser boy. I'm pretty darn tired tonight, add to it that John came home late because his mom is in hospital, and Jr had been his shmucky teen self (caught him lying again) and I'm plum worn out. I'm sure the reason for my lack of sleep is my meeting Sunday with the daycare person.
Daycare (and work) start Wednesday. She and Imri got along although he was fussy with her. He's been more fussy than normal of late (definitely growth spurt stuff). I'm still (and so is she) worried about the eating thing. I don't know what to make of it at all - he took it twice in a certain kind of bottle and nipple, then no more. Then twice more with the new stuff ... and no more. Both frozen EBM and freshly expressed stuff. Maybe it's just coincidence. I'm sans answers. Maybe it's the growth spurt thing but I honestly don't know.
I don't want him to starve at daycare (thank you all for your input on this) and my kid being the stubborn boy he is (what, you think he inherited that from me??) might just go on strike. Fortunately, I work 10 minutes from the daycare, but still ...
And yes, of course in some small (or not so small) part of me, I really hope he doesn't take the bottle at all and I have to stay home with him. Absolutely I do. Don't be silly. Gods, I'm tired.
(Do you think I have enough parenthesis in this entry?)
3 comments:
I have nothing productive to add here, except empathy. My 5-week old girl is the same way. She's still in the midst of her 3-week growth spurt, and she also refuses to take a bottle. Hang in there. For your sake and mine, I hope it gets better.
And I'm sure you already know this, but Lansinoh cream works wonders on overused nipples, assuming you can find a free moment to apply it. Good luck!
I always used Lansinoh after every single feeding and never got sore nipples. But they aren't supposed to get sore unless the baby is somehow latching too close to the edge, try shoving more areola in his mouth. But hopefully by now he's taking better to the bottles, I think he'll get on board with that when he has no alternative.
Thinking of you today (wed)
Hugs,
Lisa
I wish I had more to tell you on getting him to accept a bottle better but I don't! He's too young for a soft nippled sippy cup (which is what I used on that little girl I watched) but I would just stick with trying a bottle or two at home and hopefully he'll come around. Don'tcha wish they sold that fake boob on Meet the Fockers at the store? That'd be a lifesaver! lol Hang in there!
Post a Comment