Nothing. I got nothing, I tell you. And I'm crabby, mostly because of the watermelon.
You see, I replanted one of the watermelon plants long ago when they were still in the sprouting phase because I knew there wouldn't be room for them all. I planted it in the side-garden and watered it faithfully and with love. And finally at long last, one small watermelon took hold. Until today, when John who has been painting the outside of the house, stepped on it.
I will say that he was abjectly sorry - in fact, he came indoors and said "you love me, right? Nothing will ever come between us, right? No matter what I do??" at which point yours truly realized what had happened and actually started to BAWL "Not my watermelon!!!! noooooOOOOOoooo!"
John feels terrible about it. And I am more upset than I should be, most likely.
And I am 28 weeks today and as the girls at work reminded me, I still have 3 months to go. Fuck.
Things I have started and not finished:
Painting the alleged baby's room because I am not sure the blue works for me. It seems too bright somehow.
Finishing the tomato sauce I began yesterday.
Laundry.
Cleaning.
Sleeping.
Kvetching and whining, obviously.
I did have a nice long intellectual post in my mind about the unpalatable political situation in the USA today, complete with a rant about John Roberts, George Bush, *coughcough"intelligentBULLSHITdesign"coughcough* and various other miscellany but they're all gone. I was also going to write about the recliner/rocker that I scored at a garage sale yesterday for ten bucks. But, all that remains is a very crabby, grumpy and upset 7 months pregnant woman who keeps avoiding her gestational diabetes test.
And can't seem to sleep more than 2 hours at a stretch. Oy.
I think I want my mommy.
4 comments:
Poor John! Poor melon! Poor you! Sleepless nights are just one of the joys of the third trimester... at least the insomnia cures the bump-induced nightmares, if you are anything like I was...
Smooches for you and the bump!
Imo xxx
I think I had a moment similar to yours when your nurse friends told you you had three more months...
I was talking to my doctor about my nausea, and she said: "Don't worry; most women are through with morning sickness by the 13th, or 14th week."
Uh. I'm seven weeks pregnant. A month and a half more of turning my stomach inside out? Are you kidding me???
Well, I've sufficiently made your post all about me now, so clearly my work here is done.
Just wanted to let you know that I am doing my best to stay hydrated, and I have pheneran suppositories (*JOY!*) for the really bad times.
Lots of love to you and your fam...
-D.
Oh the sleeplessness just SUCKS. And I'm so sorry to hear about the watermelon, though perspective is everything (I'm running out now to take a pic) - once you see my pathetic "garden" you are certain to forget about John smushing your little buddy!
28 weeks- wow- you're really getting there. 3 more months? Piece of cake ;-).
Hang in there sistah...before you know it you'll be holding your handsome boy!
Oh the sleeplessness just SUCKS. And I'm so sorry to hear about the watermelon, though perspective is everything (I'm running out now to take a pic) - once you see my pathetic "garden" you are certain to forget about John smushing your little buddy!
28 weeks- wow- you're really getting there. 3 more months? Piece of cake ;-).
Hang in there sistah...before you know it you'll be holding your handsome boy!
Post a Comment