Monday, September 03, 2007

The day before the storm ...

I am sitting here, sipping on good coffee (ain't gonna happen at the hospital)and watching Imri watch the Wiggles on DVD. And why yes, I do feel as large as Dorothy the Dinosaur, thank you for asking.

Tomorrow is D-Day. Or should I say A-Day. My 'rents should be here sometime tonight and we have the computer room ready for them to take over. Well, mostly ready. It's just easiest to have them down on the ground floor where they don't have to maneuver baby gates and climb staircases. Yeah, I'll lose my computer after 8:30pm, but don't I now?? I'm more concerned about Imri not having his morning DVD ...hmmm. Maybe we should move a comp into the living room?

Ack.

No laptop here, sadly.

I am very swollen and puffy these days, the fluid (and food and salt intake) have finally caught up with me. If I was headachy and nauseated I'd probably be more concerned but baby girl is moving well so ... all systems seem go. The big question is if they will let me deliver vaginally or not. I'm off the Lovenox (insert big effing happy dance here!)and on other medications as prescribed so ... we shall see. I have to call into L&D tomorrow and see if there's room for my fat tuchas ... and the baby. Here's hoping they don't tell me to come in at 8pm or some such. I can't fathom sitting around all day waiting for the ETA.

With my parents. Who will likely be more nervous than I. As will my husband.

My bag is packed and there are a miscellany of presents for a small boy from an even smaller girl. And a small, pink and soft stuffed animal for a tiny girl from her big brother.

Send us good wishes and luck!

5 comments:

Bugsy said...

ohhh thinking of you - Lots of good luck vibes coming your way.

Thalia said...

very excited to see her soon! hope all goes smoothly.

Anonymous said...

Awesome--tho I can't imagine sitting & waiting for an induction. At least mine was unexpected.

Best to you--all the best. All the rest will fall away when you see her lovely face.

Anonymous said...

Best wishes for a speedy delivery, "K"! I had an induction with my 2nd baby - piece of cake. :) David and I will be thinking of you tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Congrats are due as Tuesday has come and gone. I hope it all went well. I'm sure I'm not the only one waiting to hear about and see the newest addition to your family!