Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Under the B for beta ...

I called the OB's office anxiously when I hadn't heard anything by three o'clock ... the very nice nurse said "Oh yes, the doctor just hasn't seen it yet but it did go up". And I asked for numbers, of course.

The first beta (14dpo or so) was 93.
The second beta (18 dpo or so) is ...

551

Yowza.

I am not naive enough to think that we are smooth-sailing from here but I'd say doubling definitely occurred. I'm waiting for a phone call from the doctor to discuss our next step. Considering that I am 41, had a tough pregnancy last time, complicated with GD and a dance on the outskirts of HELLP ... I just want to make sure we're ok.

Did I mention that the OB who did the u/s the other day was the notorious Dr Shitty?And that she was really nice? Empathetic, even? Wow. Maybe I just caught her on a bad day that once. Hey, if a subfertile, hypothyroid-and-other-autoimmune-issues-41 year old woman, with one blocked tube and who had almost NO sex for an entire month, can get pregnant without trying, anything is possible. I wouldn't be the first Jewish woman to get pregnant under seemingly miraculous circumstances ...

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

All smiles! Great news!

Anonymous said...

Congrats and may the rest of the pg go as smoothly! *knock on wood*

magdala said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

What wonderful news, I am keeping everything crossed for smooth sailing!

maggie~

Paranoid said...

I'm so glad for you. I hope all continues to be well.

DeadBug said...

Lovely news!

Timi said...

Yay! Good news.

Ana said...

Delurking to say Congratualtions!!

The Amazing Trips said...

Sounds great, Kinneret. Keep up the good work!! :)

Lydia Netzer said...

Well it's about time another immaculate conception came about. Does this put a lot of pressure on your name choice? ;D

Bugsy said...

Yay! Very good second hcg. Hoping everything continues to be peachy.

Anonymous said...

Oh, oh!!!
Kinneret, this is wonderful!! Congratuations! That beta is stellar, and dare I mention: more in the twins range??
Oh I've got the warm fuzzies for you. Such happy news.

Anonymous said...

Just now I appreciated the aptness of your blog's name--that's your life for sure right now.

Best wishes.