Thursday, January 25, 2007

Yet another update

I had an ultrasound yesterday - I saw the Nurse Practitioner, who by her own admission told me that she wasn't great with the sono machine. I had figured that by my calculation, I was 5 weeks, 6 days and we probably wouldn't see a heartbeat anyway. IF we were lucky enough to see a normally developed embryo ...

Imri was with me and was rather perplexed at the goings-on but he sat on my stomach as the NP gently inserted the wand and we saw ...

An intrauterine, well developed yolk sac and the beginnings of a fetal pole, all measuring exactly 5 weeks, 6 days old.

Imri was quite excited and kept jumping up and down on my belly, which didn't make the viewing any easier but - it looked good.

They want me back in two weeks for another sonogram - hell, I feel like I'm at my old RE's office. And I'm not complaining. I'm starting prenatal vitamins again. And blessedly, so far no serious morning sickness, just a little queasiness.

May I say yet again ... wow.

As to other things, Imri is doing well. He got out of his sleep routine recently after a couple wonderful weeks of normal sleep and we're not sure why. We're blaming teething premolars and yet another cold. A few miserable nights but we are improving slowly and last night he only woke once. Given, that was for an hour, but better that than every hour. That has happened far too often.

He also had his 15 month appointment yesterday and is in the 90th percentile for height and weight. My boy weighs a bouncing 28 lbs, 8 oz. No wonder my darned back hurts.



Imri's vocabulary is growing by leaps and bounds and his favourite words are "car" and "golfball". Yes, boys and girls - he learned "golf" and "ball" and put them together. Of course, he doesn't differentiate between a golfball and any other kind of ball, or a golfball and a golfclub, for that matter. But boy, does he get excited at the sight of a golfball. I had foolishly purchased a Pooh Bear golf set some time ago ... a favourite toy now, it seems. And Daddy aids and abets this, of course.



The only thing I try and brainwashtrain him to say is "Montreal Canadiens"

3 comments:

Dramalish said...

Imri is becoming a little boy! When did that happen?? Where did our baby go?!?

I'm very glad to hear that all is well with the little bean. May she (Oops, did I say "she?" -I didn't mean to infer a preference!) thrive and grow, grow, grow!

It really is a wonderful miracle.
Hugs.
-D.

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous little boy!

So glad your u/s went well, and hoping that all continues to be good on that front!

Cam said...

K,
This is all so amazing and wonderful!
We are so thrilled for you guys. :D
Btw, I LOVE that last pic of Imri!!! What a doll! Also, that ball popping machine behind him--that thing is one of Nathan's favorite toys. I can't figure out why...I thought it required him to be way too passive, but it is the hot commodity, esp. when his cousin comes over.
cam