Friday, January 12, 2007

And now ... we wait (and an update)

Got my bloodwork results. My progesterone was 21.1, which is great. My HCG? It's 93.

With my last miscarriage, my first beta was 83. With Imri it was 264.

I just don't have a great feeling about this pregnancy. Call it a gut feeling. Top that off with the knowledge that my next beta is tomorrow but I won't get results till Tuesday - well, you may as well stick me with a fork.

And J is so stressed over finances ... *sigh*.

But I do know that there is proof that I am indeed, pregnant. I sent J to his eye doctor appointment this morning. Upon arrival, he found out that it was, in fact, scheduled for Friday. NEXT Friday. Prego brain strikes early, my friends.

So there you have it. We wait.


Update
I was reading through Imri's sleep journal and found a reference to AF coming on December 14th - so this is indeed very early on. A beta of 93 isn't terrible in that case. I couldn't get my second beta on Saturday and since I won't get results till Tuesday anyway, I'll get it done tomorrow (Monday).

Let the waiting recommence. And thank you all for your comments and supportive emails. I still don't quite believe this yet.

10 comments:

Dramalish said...

I hope you are well rewarded for your wait. You know, it may just be an "early" normal, and not an "abnormal," one.

I will think positively... Be well.
-D.

Anonymous said...

I hope it turns out ok. Good luck and hoping for the best for you.

Anonymous said...

I hope everything is ok. Take care, I'm thinking about you.

Anonymous said...

that was me before, Take care K, I hope you get great news on Tuesday.

Paranoid said...

I'll be thinking about you, hoping everything turns out well for you. Good luck!

CMB said...

I hope all goes well for you... I'm smiling all the way from Chicago... love christina

The Amazing Trips said...

What's interesting is that in our case, I didn't have any bloodwork drawn until I was ~10 weeks pregnant. The first time I went to the doctor, they did an ultrasound and I saw the little arms, legs and heart beating away.

It's odd because I didn't think that the baby could continue to grow if we were constantly monitoring my HCG levels. Yet, it did.

I hope that everything goes well because this is the greatest miracle and blessing of all. The finances, ah, they will find a way of working themself out for you...

Bugsy said...

Congratulations hun - I will be crossing everything for you that it is just an early beta. Yay! big Yay!

Anonymous said...

My prayers are with you, and fingers are crossed for Tuesday!!

Thalia said...

Oh i hope this is one of those things which works out. I really do hope so.