Tuesday, July 05, 2005

The things I go through for this kid ...

The hottie OB that I love turned to me this morning during my visit, chest hair peaking out from his scrubs and blue eyes twinkling, and said "So, what do you want to talk about this time?"

And bless him for not blinking an eyelid when I said "Well ... It seems that there's a chance I might actually be having a baby, so ... birth plans?" and then actually reached out and touched wood. He nodded sagely as if there was nothing at all odd with a woman nearly 6 months pregnant, in slighthuge denial about an impending birth. He mentioned viability ... "one more week for you!" he smiled warmly. He also mentioned things I should look out for, ie contractions, bleeding ... he may have mentioned more things but I was entranced by his smile.

So we talked about episiotomies (ixnay unless there is a really damned good reason) and drugs (don't want sedating meds)and his hospital recommendation (here is great), etc etc and ... then he dropped the bombshell. Not only will I not be having any more ultrasounds between now and delivery( barring something unforeseen), he's also leaving the practice in 2 weeks.

Which just elevated my chances of having Dr Shitty deliver my kid. *sigh*. I tell ya, the things I go through for this kid.

Good news is that His Highness is doing well, heart rate 120-130s (I have a laid back son), my weight gain is not horrific and my urine remains stellar. Blood pressure is 110/70 which is excellent and although the swelling remains and the carpal tunnel has worsened, so far all systems are go.

I got stabbed for thyroid levels and my next appointment will be my gestational diabetes testing. I am nearly 24 weeks. Holy crap. I may actually be having a baby.

Oh yeah ... and I registered this weekend. Yikes. Thank you, Auntie Em.

5 comments:

Ana said...

Yes, it looks like you are actually having a baby! Not much longer now!!

Anonymous said...

OMG 24 weeks already? Where did the time go?!
So sorry Dr. Hottie is leaving, but it sounds as if his Highness is doing extremely well, as are you. Congrats on registering (as a former prego in denial I know the weirdness of it). And yeah, you're going to have a baby...can you believe it?!!

Foxxy One said...

How exciting!!! A very dear friend of mine gave birth to twins about a week and a half ago and had the carpel tunnel as well. She said that as soon as her meds wore off, she realized that she wasn't having the same pains. One week later, no symptoms at all :)

Anonymous said...

Terrific news--you're almost there.

But really, is there anything worse than a hot ob/gyn? I try to avoid them.

Take care.

Dramalish said...

Hey you! Where ya been?? Just wanted you to know that I'm thinking about you, and so glad things are doing alright.

Just a few short months from now you'll be posting pics of a gorgeous baby boy.

I can't wait.
:)
-D.