Sunday, July 24, 2005

I figured

I wouldn't get much commentary on my last entry. C'est la vie.

As for baby-related stuff, I am officially 26 weeks. His Highness has been vigorous and it makes me smile - in fact, I saw my t-shirt move for the first time the other day. It's very sweet when you think about it. I love feeling him move ... I realize I may not feel that way at week 36, but I do now.

I talk to him on the drive into work each morning, call him by his unofficial name sometimes just to see if it fits. I try and remember Hebrew lullabies but ... they are fleeting memories. I need to get my hands on some before it gets much later in this pregnancy.

The wallpaper border that I ordered off ebay arrived and John and I went to the Depot of Homes to match paint and also get paint for the outside of the house ... we had a small (very) windfall with the arrival of my disability cheque, so we are finally in a slightly (very) more comfortable financial place. We bought a couple of quarts of paint to see if they will go with what I envision in the ...er... third bedroom. The catch being that John doesn't love the bedding I picked out which would go beautifully with the Pooh border. I may stick to my guns on this one. We shall see. But it's expensive and it's order-only. Still, it's not as expensive as some!!

I really like it. Should I say that again? Your thoughts?

John also vetoed the Graco Snugride for an infant seat - yes, I finally got him to go to Buy Buy Baby. We've decided to go with the Combi Connection because it fits better in the Kolcraft Universal Carrier. How's that for bandying around names? The Combi feels more secure in there ... and I like the Kolcraft carrier better than the Combi carrier - it's roomier. So much for saving money though ... the Combi is more expensive by about 50 bucks. Together they work out to almost the same price as a travel system ... but with much less weight and that is appealing to me.

And that's all, folks. I may have gratuitous gardenp0rn to show you later but I will admit, we have been harvesting squash, zucchini and jalapenos, as well as a couple of tomatoes. I found a watermelon and 'lope growing. All the carrots and most of the other peppers have passed on because they weren't getting enough sun due to the humungous tomato growth.

Oh, and John finished the deck. It looks gorgeous, so I may sneak in a shot of that later. Off to do some weeding!!

PS ... anyone want a nearly 17 yo teenage boy? Cheap ...nah, free to a good home. Sulking and whining at no extra charge. Promise.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have one already thank you very much. I am afraid that double the sulking and whining would be too much for me to keep to myself, I will very generously allow someone else to take you up on that offer!
maggie~

Anonymous said...

Please, please, some gardenporn! All I have to gape at in my yard is an anemic tomato plant and a fading potted basil. Congrats on the 26-week milestone, and yes, that feeling of him moving inside is so amazing. Even though my babe is here and perfect, I still miss him stretching out and warping my otherwise very round tummy. I love that you talk to him during the drive...what is really amazing is that when he gets here, he'll remember and perk up at the sound of your voice.

And as for the border and the bedding? Stick to your guns! I love it!

Anonymous said...

I love the border. We have the classic pooh border which is cute but I like yours better. Stick with it! (oh bad pun...)

FWIW, we used a snugride with an extra base in my husband's car & the Metrolite stroller. We ended up using it for aaaages because our little darling is so short...9 months in the carrier. Most people only use the "bucket" aka carrier for 6 mths or less so the added expenses aren't necessarily worth it. At one year, I could no longer stand putting the metrolite into my trunk/folding the monster so I bought a combi soho 11 lb stroller. The universal stroller is light and will serve you well!

love ya
Lisa D