Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Preggo brain

Here's a pic of today's yield from the garden. I brought a bunch of tomatoes into work and they vanished in seconds. It's a nice feeling.


These are fated for tomato sauce and maybe some salsa this weekend. If I have the energy. Thankfully, Jr will be at the biothing's house this weekend, so ... there ya have it.

Before I forget, please head over to Danae'sand wish Grrl, Mr Grrl, Sarah and baby Gefilte a hearty mazal tov!

In my garden zeal and other issues yesterday, I forgot to update you about a bad case of preggo brain.
I had been calling my OB's office because they needed to reschedule me - a story I won't get into, say thanks now ... but all they could do was schedule me way the heck and gone for Tuesday, August 2nd at the Rockville office. Lots of docs are vacationing, so there's a touch of a shortage and while Rockville is a bit of a hike on my day off ... well, that's what there is. I called a few times to see if there were cancellations and even called Monday and ask if there's any way they can switch my appt on the following day ... but nada. Everything is booked.

So yesterday, I take Jr and myself all the way to Rockville. I'm not terribly happy about this because I wanted to go to the Prime Outlets in Hagerstown to 1)hunt for a birthday present for John and 2)to shop the Motherhood maternity outlet store. I brought Jr along for the ride so he could spend his hard-earned cash (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! ... oh sorry. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! oh stop. Just a little humour there. Uh-huh. *snort*) on a gift for his father.

So I get to the Rockville office with 5 minutes to spare and the nice receptionist looks at me and says ... "but Ma'am, your appointment isn't till next week ..." at which point I realize that indeed, I am a week early.

Preggo brain in action, folks. I totally managed to convince myself that my August 2nd appointment was, in fact, on July 26th. For no other reason than my day off is Tuesday during both weeks. Oy.

They were extremely nice in the office and the doc saw me anyway, although I had to wait a bit and understandably so. His Highness is doing well, heartrate in the 140s and my belly was measured for the first time. I am now starting biweekly visits, it seems. My gestational diabetes testing is coming up. Oh ... and I mentioned the bloody colostrum thing to the doc who, it seemed, knew nothing about it although supposedly it was going in my chart when I called 2 weeks ago and was told "it's nothing". He checked my breasts and found nothing but guess what? I'm going to the surgeon tomorrow for a look-see. He told me "don't panic, but we should have this looked at". So I'm not panicking but ... ok, maybe a little. I lost a cousin to breast cancer last year and my aunt is a survivor - so we have history.

Instead I'm trying to focus on the fact that my weigh-in showed a 2 lb loss. Yessssssssssssssss.

We did eventually make it to the outlet mall where I purchased a pair of Aviator Ray-Bans for John - he never reads this, so I'm safe. I also bought a couple of really nice blouses that might be usable later, a pair of much needed maternity shorts, a maternity swimsuit (YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and finally - at long last - maternity undies!!! They are so damned comfortable.

And the piece de resistance ... a bra extender!! Ladies, I never even knew such a thing existed but I have to tell you ... my rib cage is thanking me mightily today. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Oh, and the latest Patricia Cornwell book in paperback, which is calling my name as I type.I started it at the pool yesterday in the ridiculous heat we've been having ... but I had my swimsuit. It felt so damned good to float like that and take some weight off.

So there you have it. Wish me luck tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. *hugs*

Lovely yield! I've just harvested my first ever courgettes, ahem... zucchini or whatever you call 'em. I see oven-baked ratatouille pass my mind's eye and drool. Drop me a line if you're interested in the recipe.

Imo xxx

Chee Chee said...

The veggies look awesome!

I really hope the colostrum issue turns out to be no big deal.

Sorry about Jr. and his ill-gotten cash. I totally agree with you on the need for young people to work and learn responsibility. Hopefully, your co-parents will figure it out too.

Lioness said...

I could have sworn I'd left a comment on these veggies days ago, seriously.

Is this the PC book where they go back to her old office? The one written in the 3rd person? Let us know how you like it, won't say anymore, am really curious!

Lioness said...

Oh all right, it was the OTHER veggioes. Bcs, apparently, you have a neverending supply at your fingertips. Still very very jealous!