Sunday, July 17, 2005

And one more thing ...

So after my shower this morning, I gently pressed my nipples - I don't exactly know why I do this but that a girlfriend told me I should do it to "toughen them up for breastfeeding".
Colostrum sprang forth readily ... as did blood from one place, mixed within the colostrum. I tried again, more gently. Same result.

Several hours later I tried yet one more time. Yep. Still some blood.

Yes, of course I googled the snot out of it, oh ye of little faith. And yes, it does happen. That is followed by the admonition to "call your doctor".

I'll be calling the OB tomorrow. In the meantime, I'm trying to quell my rising panic.

5 comments:

Chee Chee said...

I'm sorry, hun. I have my fingers and toes crossed that everything is ok.

If you are still up for grabbing coffee or lunch, I'm free on Thursday. Just let me know.

Anonymous said...

Calm down, breath deep and relax ok? Let us know what's going on too, please?
Missing you tons and tons
maggie~

Anonymous said...

Kinneret, my sis had some blood on a few occasions, and it scared the daylights out of her when she saw blood in her babe's mouth, but she called the doc and it's a fairly normal thing. I forget the explanation but I do remember it's a common condition and most often there's no need for worry. I hope that helps, and I hope that you find out that the same applies to you.
Please post an update when you can!

K|nneret said...

Sorry folks, went to bed almost immediately upon getting home last night and what day says is right ... it's not abnormal. They're going to check my breasts on my next OB visit but they were not worried :)

Thank you all!

Cheech ... I'm up for Thursday too :) I'll try and email you tonight?

Chee Chee said...

I'm glad that you are doing ok.

Thursday works for me.