Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Rain, rain, go the f*** away


I'm in a delightful mood, can't you tell? I'm tres grumpy. It's probably the rain and the cool weather - we're having an abnormally cool May and it seems like its been raining forever. I don't know how Oregonians and Washingtonians do it.

To add insult to injury, the rain has contributed to injuries in the Chaos household. There is was a wooden ramp that leads out of the garage towards the back yard and it gets slippery when wet and is usually fairly slick. I'm usually quite careful when traversing it but yesterday in my rush to get out and help John with the all-important placement of the tomato cages, I slipped. And fell. Hard. On my back and side.

Which in turn upset John a great deal - I've never seen him run that fast EVER. Once he helped me up and we determined I was relatively unscathed, the ramp was history. Before long I heard loud sounds of axe on wood - we were going to take it down anyway because of the constant slipperiness. The ramp is no more. In the process, John injured his hand, a nice deep gash on the palm. Yay.

I called the OB because the nice women on the Resolve board advised me to and the doc called me back pronto - it was Dr Shitty, but she was nice for once. She told me to take it easy, put my feet up and call her back if any cramping,spotting or fluid showed up. Now some fluid did expel when I fell, but ... yeah, it was pee. I'm such an elegant faller.

I'm sore today and pretty stiff. And once I got up at 0:mygodit'searly and traveled the requisite 75 minutes to work of what should be a 35 minute drive in the fucking pouring rain, I found out that I wasn't scheduled to work today, because it was originally supposed to be my day off and although I changed it so I could have Thursday off because of a shitload of appointments, she still kept me off the schedule for today. Only she neglected to mention that. So yeah, I'm fucking grumpy. And sore. And stiff. And I'm going to try and change my OB appointment to today from Thursday, if I can. And while I'm ranting, can I just say that Maryland drivers SUCK?? 2 concepts, people ... "following distance" and "passing lane". Read up on it, would you?

Ah good, they can fit me in at the Damascus office to see my primary OB. Done deal. I'm feeling very emotional today. It's a good day to be home.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch double ouch!

Me thinks you should make an appt for a pregnancy massage to help with the soreness and stiffness!

K|nneret said...

Not a bad idea at all ... I just need to find the money! LOL. Thank you for the idea. And I heard the baby's heartbeat ticking away yesterday, so baby is fine even if mom is stiff!

Chee Chee said...

I'm so sorry that you fell and hurt yourself. Hopefully, you will be feeling much better real soon.

Take Care.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is scary about the fall and really pissy about the work screw-up - don't you just hate stupid people? I know that is ugly, but damn, people need to be more clever.

I hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.