Sunday, May 22, 2005

Life can be so cruel


Some days are hard. I remember reading about Cecily's terrible loss of her twins from preeclampsia at 20 weeks. It broke my heart. Late losses are particularly awful. Well, today one of the girls I "know" from the Resolve boards posted that she lost her twins at 22-23 weeks because of contractions and incompetent cervix. This is AFTER she lost a son at 21 weeks last year. Her grief is unimaginable. What do you say to someone who has suffered such terrible losses other than "I'm sorry. I'm here if you need a shoulder"? What can you say that is meaningful? So very little.

I don't understand why good people need to suffer so in quest of a child to love. It makes you shake your fist at the sky and truly wonder if there is a supreme being up there and if he is - well, maybe it's time he got his head out of his ass.
If this is offensive to anyone - I am angry and sad and terrified. For her and for me, too. For all of us who have suffered loss before. Because this shouldn't happen, and somehow it still does, even now in 2005.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's just awful, isn't it? I can't even imagine that kind of pain - I just can't. And there are no words. All you can do is ache with them.