Wednesday, February 23, 2005

678!!!!!


Holy shit, Batman!
Dr Baby's nurse called me around 1pm. I was already on "shpilkes" (Yiddish for being on tenterhooks) because she called the first beta result to me by 11am. I was thinking the very worst, perhaps the nurses were drawing straws to see who got to give me the bad news. Especially as I had some spotting this morning.

So, when the phone rang, I nearly fell over myself trying to answer it. She said "the numbers are good" and was going to leave it at that! I had to ask(of course) and she told me ... 678! I am so utterly blown away.678!! That's more than double. It's higher than it was for the third serial beta for my first(miscarriage) pregnancy.

I called John immediately and the joy in his voice was palpable. Maybe I'll start knitting again. Maybe it's ok to hope again. Maybe this is it? Or am I setting myself up for pain yet again?

It's weird how that doesn't leave you. We bought a new car recently, a Hyundai Tucson, and while I had it at the shop the other day, I noticed it's manufacture date. Nov 5, 2004. That was the day I found out I was pregnant the first time. Maybe it's only weird to me ...

I want to rejoice so very much. I want to scream it to the rooftops and dance, and tell all my friends and family, the way we did the first time in that haze of delight. But I don't dare. It nearly slips out ten times a day and I catch myself and murmur "Oh no. Not yet." And that makes me sad in a way I've never felt sad before -sad, tempered and restrained.

But here, on these pages, I can dance, shout my joy and rejoice. Please dance with me?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Sara,
What a beautiful thing. Definitely rejoice and feel the moment! I'm so excited for you... I've bookmarked your blog and will be visiting it often to check on your progress. Please know that I'm behind you all the way!
Maybe in the not-to-distance future I will be rejoicing along side of you... wouldn't that be too great?
Wishing you and hubby ALL happiness,
-Donnie

Anonymous said...

What great news babe! I think I'm almost excited as you are!!

orchidea xxx

K|nneret said...

Thank you so much, Donnie and orchidea! I'm still pregnant today and I'm happy about it ... I am starting to hope again. *hugs*

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so dancin'!! YAY!!!

~*angela*~