Friday, February 25, 2005

Going in for number three


I'm hoping for nice high numbers today, but I'm still wary. Not as scared as I was with beta number 2, but wary. I refuse to believe that all is going well, especially as the boobages aren't hurting. Sometimes they're faintly sore but I think that's because I poke them 16 times a day, checking to see if they're sore. Hmmph.

Ultrasound has been scheduled for March 10th, if I make it that far. And without evidence to the contrary, I have to assume that I'm still pregnant today. I have been utterly exhausted the last couple of days and not really feeling well. Yesterday I was all heartburn and belching. Came home and slept for 3 hours, ate something small, and went back to bed. I'm still tired. And how is it that I've already gained 3 lbs???? It must be water weight. Can I even use that excuse now?

I had this really great opening line/paragraph for this entry last night as I lay in bed and drifted off, the box of chocolates that John gave me for Valentine's Day snuggled in my arms. But it's gone now. (The line, not the chocolates. I only had two.)It was pithy and toothsome and full of fine ideas regarding infertility and my having one foot in each camp. It'll have to wait because it's officially gone and it's way too early for eloquence, anyway. What was I thinking?

Think good thoughts for me.

No comments: