Thursday, August 30, 2007

And the OB said ...

"You're one cm dilated".

I nearly fell over. After all, my cervix was long and closed just last week. I guess all that coughing did its job.

Also, GBS negative, platelets holding around 100,000. So, it looks like we're on for Tuesday. OB wants to do a Foley balloon induction with pitocin. I've done a little reading and lean more towards Foley without pitocin to start.
Any thoughts out there? BTDT moms?

Now to get the house ready. No, not for the baby's arrival. For the arrival of my mother, of course ...

Tuesday. Ack.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Ooh. Multi purpose coughing. Clearing out the lungs and dilating. Cool! And good luck with your mom.

The Amazing Trips said...

Wow - you're already more dilated than I was and my contractions were 5 minutes apart!!

No advice on the Foley or the induction. Although, I always smile when I see "Foley" because it's my maiden name.

Good luck. You'll do great. Can't wait to see pictures! :)

Anonymous said...

Good luck!! We love you!!

(My oldest was born Sept. 5th, and is a wonderful girl all around).

Ayal

Anonymous said...

Best to you! Hope it's quick & relatively painfree. But, hey, then you'll get to meet your daughter--isn't it amazing what love can do?

K|nneret said...

Thank you, everyone! I can't wait to meet this little girl :)