A quick post as I am rather busy this morning - my work shower is today! I am truly excited.
Good news - the 24 hour urine came back negative. I called the doc's office and spoke with the RN, gave her my name and her response "oh, I know about you!!" said in a nice way but ... oy. Good thing I'm always very nice to the nurses there. Or anywhere, really.
I have the slip for bloodwork and I'll get it done this weekend or Monday - I definitely feel less pressure now that the urine came back well. And my next appointment is Tuesday, so hopefully all will remain good and happy at Chez Chaos. Well, relatively so. We're still dealing with the stepson who is being a nearly complete ass.
I'm feeling pretty good except for almost constant upset stomach and tummy issues. Other than that - nada. My baby boy is a mover and shaker ... can I tell you how much I adore feeling him move and stretch? He doesn't kick a lot, just moves around and it sends me into some weird sort of smiling place. I'll lie there at night and watch my stomach move and shake, feeling rather Ripley-ish and glad I know what's in there.
We went out and purchased carpet for the nursery (ack! nursery! Ack! I used the word!!) as the current carpet is messed up and one corner has mold on it. Yeesh. Since we purchased it AND got a home dep0t card, we now have the power to charge even more renovations and get more stuff done. Scary. We may be able to order closet and pantry doors, too. Don't want to dig that hole too deep, you know?
So, feeling better and more optimistic on this end. I'm trying to ignore the teenager for the most part - it's my feeling that he is acting out because he is feeling his world change - 12th grade, baby on the way, no more "only child" status (he isn't at the biothing, she whelped a few), no more "apple of daddy's eye" status, etc etc ... but John doesn't see it. Yet. Still it's no excuse for his lousy behaviour - and John has to start dealing with it appropriately. And now, not soon. I'm close to my breaking point and I'd really like a peaceful last month or so prior to His Highness's arrival.
Alright, time to split. The nails MUST get done, you know. Thanks for the encouragement and for coming to catch up on me.
7 comments:
I'm glad that the urine test was negative. It sounds like it's all blue skies ahead! And feeling the baby move sounds just wonderful.
I'm sorry that your stepson continues to be such a pain in the butt. Hopefully, he'll get in line once the baby arrives.
BTW -- Thanks for your post. I'm still pretty intimidated by the IVF process but we can do it!
YAY for good news and a tolerable holding pattern.
Enjoy your shower!
Glad to hear things are looking up. One step at a time - you are getting there.
Teenagers can be the most unloveable species on the planet... and not surprisingly, that also puts them in prime position on being the most insecure species as well.
My instincts in "step-hood" (I've had two step-mothers and one step-father) tell me that you are right on with the reasons why your DSS is behaving like a perfect sh@#. While the pending baby is regarded as royalty, he may feel really left out and unvalued.
Does that excuse give him the right to treat you (and John, and Baby Chaos) like scum? Like hell it does. Hoping that his attitude will change when the baby arrives (as Chee Chee says) wouldn't hurt, but I think the better idea to ponder is how you can hug that damn porcupine.
You are doing a very good job just caring period. Good luck, Sara, and thank you so much for your comforting words about my grandma's passing.
-D.
I imagine that the stepson is having a really hard time with this. Surely the thing to do (assvice alert given I've never parented a teen) is to put that as an option to him and have a discussion about how he's feeling? Can you do that if John won't?
Glad to hear that things are going well with his highness, however.
It seems like you are just what your stepson needs in his life. A person who loves him and doesn't take his shit.
Congrats on the good urine check.
Enjoy your sqirmy little one.
Oh how I love that feeling of the baby moving...Simon was very active to say the least and his little fits and starts always made me smile.
I'm so sorry about the situation with your stepson. My sister has a stepdaughter and endures very simillar frustration. It's got to be so hard.
Glad your urine came back okay - just be careful though, 'k? Take it easy, keep your feet up when you can, etc. You're almost there (can you believe it?!)!
Post a Comment