Saturday, June 25, 2005

Open letter to His Highness, the baby

OK, so it's like this.

I'm not feeling a lot of movement from His Highness. I realize that His time is precious, what with all that growing, developing and swimming around in utero, but is it THAT much to ask Him to pay some attention to His mother's needs, I ask you?

So, having googled "fetal movement, 22 weeks" and "auscultating fetal heart tones" (with an adult stethoscope... )till I'm blue in the face, as well as lying on my back and attempting to feel the baby's heartbeat, I decided drastic action was necessary.

I sacrificed heavily by eating 2 ice cream sandwiches for breakfast in an attempt to stimulate His Highness. Not much doing.

So, Your Highness, when you get off your keister and wake up, would you please kick your mother vigorously several times to insure that she doesn't have a panic attack very very soon?

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Your loving mother.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so happy! Look at how far you have come!! You called yourself "mother" and you are!! I'm so happy for you!! ((HUGS)) (Ok - I know you don't like it when people get all emotional. *LOL* But I just had to send cyber hugs.)

Warmest Wishes;

AngelaMO

Anonymous said...

Not your back sugr, try your left side for better readings!
maggie~

Mony said...

Oh baby!
C'mon! Give mama a good kick in the guts!
You know, even babies must love a lazy weekend? Just loafing around doing nothing.

K|nneret said...

Just to let you all know, His Highness was kind enough to swim around somewhat yesterday, enough to reassure me that all is well in utero-land.

Nice of him to think of his mother, huh? I can tell he's gonna be quite a teen.

Emerald said...

Oh Sister mine..

I have printed out this letter to your son and will be sure to give it to you when he is four and ripping around the house, touching everything... and you look at me and say..

"DON'T THEY EVER STOP MOVING????"

I will then remind you... sweetly... that you asked for this.

Love you!

P.S. Tell my nephew that I love him too.

~Aunty Em

Ana said...

I'm at 22 weeks too and some days I get lots of movement and others not so much. So I can understand how your feeling. I'm hoping we both start feeling it more often soon.

Chee Chee said...

It's nice to see this post! I'm glad to hear that mommy and baby are doing well.

Anonymous said...

Just keep eating those ice cream sandwiches...I'm sure you'll get a response sometime! :)

Liz Miller said...

Alternative to ice-cream sandwiches is a strong cuppa joe or a can of coke. Lie still for about 1/2 hour. See if that works.