The ongoing saga of an unclassifiably fertile infertile forty-something and her family.
Friday, June 10, 2005
One more thing to enjoy
1)Swollen ankles and feet.
2)Painful plantar fasciitis in both feet.
3)Swollen, numb and tingling hands.
4)Carpal tunnel in both hands.
and now ... adding your fave and mine to the list...
5) Melasma!!! Yes, that lovely "mask of pregnancy" has made its appearance. *sigh*.
Anything else? I will add begrudgingly that the compression stockings work well (other than causing extremely stinky feet) and the braces are finally allowing me a decent night's sleep.
On the good front, I *think* I've felt the baby. Something that felt like palpitations in my stomach and I think I finally know what they mean by "flutters". It hasn't happened frequently but it did happen once with my morning coffee so I figure the kid has wised up to caffeine. That's my boy.
My level II ultrasound is on Monday, but Beaver Girl's writeup about her less than lovely experience has left me a tad hesitant. I'm hoping it goes well - it's something I've been looking forward to on a positive note, rather than the "one more hurdle" perspective.
Breach of Warranty decided to tag me with a meme or two. While I'm lousy at this sort of thing, I decided for once to be a good sport. Just please don't send me chain emails telling me how much good luck I'll have if I only send it to ten more people, or how Bill Gates wants to send me $1000 bucks for using Win95. Or whatever. Yes, I'm grumpy ... whatever gave that away? You would be too if you had a teenager who kept sighing like Darth Vader (he sure doesn't like being called that... teehee!!) Ok, here goes ...
TAG ONE:
Finish the four bookish statements and pass it on.
1) Total number of books owned - Wow. Loads. I've had to leave books behind over the years and that broke my heart. I have no idea how many I own now. Not enough.
2) Last book I bought (2)- ermmm Baby Bargains. And I bought a whole bunch of baby books at a garage sale recently ... so ...Goodnight Moon? Also, "I, Claudius" and some stuff by Gabriel Garcia Marquez that I haven't had a chance to look at yet.
3) Last book I read (2) - ermmm ... Baby Bargains. And Kushiel's Dart.
4) 5 books that mean a lot to me - Only 5?? This is hard. Brideshead Revisited. Maus I & II. Like Water for Chocolate. The Prophet. One Hundred Years of Solitude.
Pick five of the lives below and write about them. Then add one of your own and pass it on. - OK - me breaking in here to say that I'm changing the language from "if I could be" to ... "if I was" because I could be anything if I really wanted to be. Well, except for a mathematician. Yeah, and a host of other things but we're not going to bring that up, are we? And yes, this is going to be cheesy, I just know it. You're forewarned.
IF I WERE A (better)MUSICIAN: I'd make music that mattered. Not that just sounded good in the moment, or that was marketable. But music that people could really dig into and understand. And if I was a singer with a phenomenal voice, I'd DO something with it, not squander it on singing crap.
IF I WERE A POLITICIAN: I'd help create a national healthcare system for all. I'd help create a country where profit and lucre were not the most important things but rather an emphasis on society, science and humanity. In other words, I'd try and one-up Canada.
IF I WERE A SCIENTIST: I'd work to create a cure for cancer, infertility and auto-immune diseases with a particular emphasis on helping kids(who should never have to suffer).
IF I WERE A LIBRARIAN: I'd spend most of the day hiding in the stacks, reading. And when I absolutely had to come out, I'd try and share my joy and love of reading with kids who just don't get it ... yet.
IF I WERE A GARDENER: what do you MEAN, if I "were"?? I AM a gardener, damnit!! Haven't you seen the pics? I'll have you know that at last count there were 5 tomatoes coming up!! FIVE!! Hmmph. I won't even mention the peppers and carrots.
The rest of the list for those who accept this mission is: SCIENTIST, FARMER, MUSICIAN, DOCTOR, PAINTER, GARDENER, MISSIONARY, CHEF, ARCHAEOLOGIST, ARCHITECT, LINGUIST, PSYCHOLOGIST, LIBRARIAN, ATHLETE, LAWYER, INNKEEPER, PROFESSOR, WRITER, LLAMA-RIDER, BONNIE PIRATE, SERVICE MEMBER, BUSINESS OWNER, ACTOR, AGENT, VIDEO GAME DESIGNER, PHOTOGRAPHER, CIRCUS PERFORMER, SPY, FASHION DESIGNER, HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT AGAIN, MODEL, POLITICIAN, SERIAL KILLER, HOSTAGE NEGOTIATOR, MOVIE PRODUCER OR ACUPUNCTURIST.
I'm adding "ASTRONAUT".
Tag, you're it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sorry about the pregnancy downsides but feeling the baby move must be amazing!!!!!
Thanks for playing along with "Tag." I loved Like Water for Chocolate. I think being a scientist might be your true calling. . . I am waiting for you to hit the laboratory.
BTW -- I think you called me "Baby Quest" . . .
OOps! Fixed that! That's what happens when you post late at night. Sorry, Cheech.
As for me and the lab ... well, that means going back for my MS and ... don't hold your breath :) University is far too expensive in this country.
Post a Comment