Wednesday, August 08, 2007

*tap tap* is this thing on?

Just wondering if anyone is out there ... no one comments and I know my life isn't that exciting, nor is my writing, for that matter but ... thought I'd check to see if anyone was still following the ongoing saga.

So here it is ...saw Dr High Risk yesterday and my fluid is up to 10cm! Staying off my feet (for the most part) and drinking what seems to be my body's weight in water appears to be working. Not only is my girl's head down, but her head is right on my cervix which explains the pressure I've been feeling. My cervix, however, is not budging. It is long and closed, which is how we like it. Dr High Risk looked at me with a twinkle in his eye and said "keep doing what you're doing". I love that man.

Upon seeing my OB today, I mentioned that I'm a tad stressed about not knowing an induction date and if it's possible to schedule it at all, so I at least know which way is up and can plan accordingly. The OB clucked understandingly and mentioned August 31st. I like August ... but not at the beginning of a long weekend. Hospital staffing being what it is on weekends and holidays... nah. I agreed to September 4th. Now that's still tentative but there you have it.

It's just plain weird, knowing the day your child is going to enter the world.

Now the date is only if something doesn't happen previously to that - so I'm hoping - because I'll be 37-38 weeks by then which would be excellent for the baby's growth and development. And the OB says she sees no reason for me to be in the hospital for 24 hours prior as per the other OB - I'll just go off the blood thinners 48 hours previous to and show up on the induction date. It's all good.

Here's hoping we get there.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who's the cool dude? lol

It's hard to know what to say--except I am also hoping for the best for all of you.

Dramalish said...

Am here, too... just suck at commenting.

I'm glad things are looking up and that your daughter's arrival is just around the corner. You must be so excited.

September 4th is a lovely date to be born.
:)
-D.

Anonymous said...

i'm still reading, if it means anything to you.

Anonymous said...

I'm here too - just being really lazy with commenting. Sept 4 is like, so close!

K|nneret said...

Well, I'm glad you're out there :) I was wondering ... but not about you Fran, you've been just a tad busy ...

Mindy, I'm delighted you're still reading!

Don't you love my little movie star? He definitely has "cool" down pat :)

Paranoid said...

I'm here, but I don't tend to comment because we don't actually know each other, and I don't want to come off like a stalker.

Anyway, I wish you all the best. I'm glad your daughter will be at or close to full-term, and that everything's going well on that front.