Yeah, I'm not sleeping well, mostly because of hip pain. That and getting up with Imri every night. While there are nights that he sleeps through, they are rare. He is usually up once a night, often twice. While it doesn't take long to get him to soothe back, usually (and sometimes he'll do it on his own), I invariably find myself up at some point between 1 and 3 am. John doesn't seem to hear him. Strange, that. Last night after two awakenings between 11:30 and 12, I told him the next one was his - he was grumpy about it ...grrrrrrr. He got the 3 am one ... after I woke and told him about it.
Not that it mattered because I toss and turn throughout the night with the hip pain, so I wasn't sleeping deeply anyway. I'm tempted to take Benadryl and sleep but it usually just makes me feel drugged, not sleepy.
Oh, and I passed my gestational diabetes test! Cut off was 130 and I squeaked by at 127. Although I did have coffee that morning with a 1/2 tsp of sugar and they still marked it as "fasting". Whatever. The OB's nurse already told me that I'll be re-tested at 28 weeks. Joy.
And the swelling has started a bit - burritos are little salt bombs, it seems, so the morning apres burrito, my fingers and toes were feeling tight and my rings were stuck on. Better than it was with Imri when it started at 16 weeks. I'm at 22.5 weeks now. I better start cutting back on the salt, damn it. Did I mention my cravings for caesar salad?
I also went to the OBs last week for some pretty significant shortness of breath but all my vitals came back normal - they sent me for bloodwork which I ... oops, haven't done yet. Hard to find time, really. I had the choice on Wednesday of dropping Imri off at daycare and doing the bloodwork or spending the day with my son. Guess which I chose?
Our washing machine stopped spinning so we called Sears who told us that our 2.5 year old machine was off warranty, tough titties and that it would cost 65 bucks just for the repair person to come out, never mind look at the machine and please buy the extended year warranty for 200 dollars. Oh, and we won't be able to come out for 2 weeks. So sorry, not really, so what if you have a toddler who needs clean clothes.
When the repair person did come out, turned out that our machine needed a major rebuild to the tune of 399 dollars. Only one hundred dollars more and Sears would have had to give us a new machine.
Right.
Last time I buy a Kenmore. Seriously.
Also, let it be known to those who play golf: if you leave your pregnant spouse with your toddler and go off to play golf for 6-7 hours, please be advised that one of the first things you should do upon your return home is ask your spouse if they need a break, just in case they need to do something like change their pants after a coughing fit at the park stretched the limits of their put-upon bladder. The other option, of eating cake and watching TV while your tired, wet and pregnant spouse struggles to put a toddler to bed, just isn't wise.
I'm just saying.
1 comment:
Imri is cuter than ever and when will John learn? I know he is a great husband and father but the errors in judgment surrounding golfing reoccur all the time. It's a perplexing issue, to be sure.
Post a Comment