Tuesday, March 07, 2006

A kvetch-free entry

I just re-read several of my last entries and realized something important. I've been kvetching in all of them. So I hereby promise you a kvetch-free post.

Imri has started laughing. It is the most wonderful sound I've ever heard (and yes, that includes the one and only time I ever heard in stereo, accomplished with the help of certain pharmaceuticals).

Imri stands on my lap - stands, I tell you. He stands and holds himself upright, I only contribute the balance factor. And he jumps and jumps and jumps - and he laughs, that open-mouthed, happy-eyed, wonderful laugh.

Then, I sit him on my knee and bounce him and sing "bippity boppety boo" and we bounce and he smiles. I stop bouncing ... and start again. He looks up at me and the smile grows huge. I stop once more ... and bounce once. He giggles. I bounce him again ... he starts to laugh and laugh, his glee-filled eyes bright and shining and joyous.

He is reaching for things - my hair, my nose, my mouth. Anything he can grab in his chubby little hands or cram in his own mouth. He is a mere hair's breadth away from being able to roll onto his stomach. He is so close to being able to sit up unassisted.
Ah yes, life is good. Way good.

Even if we do have another ear infection.

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

He really does look like the happiest little guy in the world in that picture. He's growing up so fast! Glad he's feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Kinneret he's a DOLL! Look at that smile! He looks like a little man. A very pleased little man at that!
Don't you love the bouncing? It's such a happy thing to do. And though I always love a good kvetch, it is nice to read such a joyful entry from you.